In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lamb moussaka with potatoes, skordalia, and arugula salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 780 Calories/Serving
Greece’s national comfort food, served with a bright and simple peppery arugula salad, makes a great fall supper that kids will like.
In your bag
- 1 organic russet or other white potato
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Sunbasket smoky sumac spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - baharat)
- Sunbasket skordalia (lima beans - EVOO - fresh lemon juice - maple syrup - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ pound organic baby arugula
Calories 780, Total Fat 60g (77% DV), Sat. Fat 18g (90% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 560mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 49g (18% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the mashed potatoes
- Peel the potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the potato cooks, prepare the lamb.
Prep and cook the lamb
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packages and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Assemble and bake the moussaka
Remove the moussaka from the oven and let cool slightly, then spread the skordalia over the top. Cut the moussaka into wedges.
While the moussaka bakes, prepare the arugula salad.
Make the arugula salad
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Measure the water for the lamb.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Toss the arugula salad.
- Garnish the moussaka with parsley.