In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lamb siniya casserole with cauliflower and coconut tahini
Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
The Middle East’s take on shepherd’s pie, siniya makes a satisfying lamb and cauliflower casserole brought together with nutty tahini and garnished with a drizzle of chile oil.
In your bag
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes
- 1 organic lemon
- Sun Basket coconut tahini blend (tahini- coconut milk)
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket Lebanese seven-spice blend (allspice - cloves - fenugreek - black pepper - nutmeg - cinnamon - ground ginger)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Calories: 690, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 51g (78% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 15g (75% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the chile oil and coconut tahini
- In a small bowl, stir together the Aleppo chile and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
Prep and cook the cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
While the cauliflower cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [1½ cups].
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the siniya and one for garnish.
Assemble and bake the siniya
Remove from the heat and stir in half the parsley. Spoon the lamb mixture over the cauliflower and spread in an even layer. Spoon on the coconut tahini. Bake until the siniya is starting to brown on top and the lamb is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the coconut tahini.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.
“This was so good! We took a chance to try something new. It was so flavorful and filling.” –Alison H.