In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lamb flatbread “tacos” with white bean mash and cucumber-mint relish
Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
These hybrid tacos take on a Middle Eastern twist with toasted lavash, cucumber-mint relish, and a creamy white bean mash seasoned with za’atar.
In your bag
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- Sunbasket za’atar spice blend (sumac - sesame seeds - fennel seeds - dried thyme)
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic cucumber
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 4 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole grain lavash
- Sunbasket lemon-dill yogurt (Greek yogurt - lemon juice - dried dill)
Calories: 590, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 340mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 46g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the white bean mash
- Rinse the white beans.
In a medium bowl, combine the beans, za’atar spice blend, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Using a fork, masher, or the bottom of a bowl, mash the beans to a coarse paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat (including plant-based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
Cook your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp, 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp or tofu, and 5 to 7 minutes for ground meat. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan if using to toast the lavash. While your protein is cooking, prepare the cucumber-mint relish.
Make the cucumber-mint relish
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ¼-inch pieces.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop or tear the leaves.
In a medium bowl, stir together the cucumber and mint; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toast the lavash; assemble the tacos
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in the same pan used for your protein over medium heat, warm the lavash, turning once, until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Spread the white bean mash on the lavash, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges, and top with your protein. Garnish with as much cucumber-mint relish and lemon-dill yogurt as you like. Fold over to form “tacos.”
Transfer the “tacos” to individual plates and serve any remaining cucumber-mint relish and lemon-dill yogurt on the side.
- Rinse the beans.
- Make the white bean mash.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Stir the cucumber-mint relish.
- Help assemble the tacos.