In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lamb tagine with artichoke hearts and dried plums
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Our signature blend of Moroccan spices, including coriander and sweet paprika, plus sticky dried plums, create layers of flavor in this one-pan lamb dish.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 organic carrots
- 1½ ounces pitted dried plums
- ⅓ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- Sunbasket tagine spice blend (coriander - sweet paprika - cumin - Aleppo chile flakes - ground ginger)
- Sunbasket tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
Calories 660, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 13g (65% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 135mg (45% DV), Sodium 590mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 39g (14% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots crosswise into 2-inch lengths, cutting the thicker pieces in half lengthwise.
- Cut the dried plums into quarters, checking for any pits.
- Coarsely chop the artichokes.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Prep and cook the lamb
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the tagine
Add the lamb, dried plums, vegetable broth, and 1 cup [1½ cups] water, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is cooked through and the sauce is thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the artichokes, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Measure the water for the tagine.
- Garnish with the parsley.