In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lebanese beef and spinach "tacos" with spicy tahini yogurt
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Spicy, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
For these Middle Eastern “tacos,” we stuff crispy lavash with ground meat, spinach, and feta plus seven incredible spices for that can’t-put-your-finger-on-it flavor.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket Lebanese seven-spice blend (allspice - cloves - fenugreek - black pepper - nutmeg - cinnamon - ground ginger)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket spicy tahini yogurt (Greek yogurt - lemon juice - water - tahini - Aleppo chile flakes - kosher salt)
- 4 Atoria’s Family Bakery lavash
Nutrition per serving
Calories 700, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 680mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 54g (20% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Milk, Wheat, Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the cucumber-tomato salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ¼-inch pieces.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic. Set aside half for your protein.
In a medium bowl, stir together the red wine vinegar and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Add the cucumber, tomato, feta, and half the garlic and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble into ¼-inch pieces.
Cook your protein and spinach
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein, season with salt and pepper and the Lebanese seven-spice blend, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted and your protein is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While your protein and spinach are cooking, prepare the yogurt and lavash.
Finish the spicy tahini yogurt; toast the lavash
- In a small bowl, stir together the spicy tahini yogurt and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil.
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the lavash, turning once, until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Transfer the lavash to individual plates. Top with your protein, spinach, and cucumber-tomato salad, then drizzle with as much spicy tahini yogurt as you like. Fold up to form “tacos” and serve.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Assemble the salad.
- Time the cooking.
- Top the “tacos” with the salad.