Mediterranean beef kebabs with mint-pistachio relish
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
Kebabs are one of Chef Justine’s favorite summertime meals, because they come together so easily, and can hold so much flavor. These contain chopped fresh mint, sun--dried tomatoes, and baharat, a classic spice blend. If you like cooking outdoors, they’re terrific grilled.
- ½ ounce sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- Fresh mint
- 10 ounces ground beef
- Kebab spice blend (baharat - garlic powder)
- 1½ ounces pistachios
- 1 strip preserved lemon
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- ¾ pound cauliflower
- Fresh dill
- 6 wooden skewers
Prep the sun-dried tomatoes
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Season the meat and make the relish
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop the peel.
Make the cauliflower mash
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a bowl. Using a fork, mash until smooth. Alternatively, transfer to a food processor and process until smooth.
Stir in the dill and 1 tablespoon oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the kebabs
In a grill pan or the same frying pan used for the cauliflower, warm 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the kebabs and cook until well-browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 720, Protein: 44 g, Total Fat: 48 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 29 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.5 g, Saturated Fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 110 mg, Carbohydrates: 28 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 920 mg
Contains: tree nuts