In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean beef kebabs with pistachio relish and cauliflower mash
Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
These easy paleo and gluten-free beef skewers can be cooked in a frying pan, a grill pan, or, if the weather cooperates, outside on a grill.
In your bag
- ½ ounce sun-dried tomatoes
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 white onion
- Fresh mint
- Kebab spice blend (baharat - granulated garlic)
- 1 head cauliflower
- Fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons roasted pistachios
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Wooden skewers
Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 50g (77% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 30g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Prep the sun-dried tomatoes
While the tomatoes soak, prepare the beef mixture.
Prep the beef mixture
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and finely chop enough white onion to measure 1 cup; set aside half for the cauliflower.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the pistachio relish.
Make the cauliflower mash
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a medium bowl. Using a masher or fork, mash until smooth. Stir in the dill and 1 tablespoon oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. If using the pan for the kebabs, wipe out the pan.
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the pistachio relish.
Make the pistachio relish
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop the peel.
Shape and cook the beef kebabs
In a large grill pan or in the same frying pan used for the cauliflower, warm 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the kebabs and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Chef’s tip: For an ultra-creamy mash, in Step 3, puree the cooked cauliflower mixture in a blender or food processor, then stir in the dill and oil by hand.