In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lebanese-style chicken breasts with quinoa and tomato tabbouleh
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
We use nutty, protein-rich quinoa in a classic Mediterranean tomato tabbouleh for a hearty, upgraded side to this Middle Eastern chicken dish.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ½ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket smoky sumac spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - baharat)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 3 organic scallions
- 8 to 10 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories 410, Total Fat 14g (18% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 115mg (5% DV), Total Carb. 41g (15% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks and cools, prepare the chicken and the remaining ingredients.
Prep the chicken
- Juice the lemon (the juice will be divided between the chicken and the tabbouleh).
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the tabbouleh.
Make the tabbouleh
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into enough ¼-inch pieces to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Cut away the cores from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the tabbouleh.
- Garnish with the scallions.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.