In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass beef over “zoodles” with pickled radishes and carrots
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
For a twist on the traditional Vietnamese noodle bowl, we swap zucchini ribbons for rice noodles and pair them with bright pickled vegetables and lemongrass steak.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket Asian quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Calories: 430, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 550mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the radishes and carrots
- Thinly slice the radishes.
Prep the “zoodles” and cabbage
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
Prep and cook the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Stir the pickled vegetables.
- Pat the zucchini dry.
- Remove the pickled vegetables from the brine.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds.