In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass beef over “zoodles” with pickled radishes and carrots
Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
For a twist on the traditional Vietnamese noodle bowl, we swap zucchini ribbons for rice noodles and pair them with bright pickled vegetables and lemongrass steak.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket Asian quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Calories: 430, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 550mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the radishes and carrots
- Thinly slice the radishes.
In a medium bowl, combine the radishes, carrots, and Asian quick-pickle brine. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the “zoodles” and cabbage
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
Prep and cook the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the lemongrass paste and cook until the steak is cooked to the desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes for medium. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the “zoodles” and cabbage to individual bowls. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled vegetables from the brine, add as many as you like, and top with the steak. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve any remaining pickled vegetables on the side.
- Stir the pickled vegetables.
- Pat the zucchini dry.
- Remove the pickled vegetables from the brine.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds.