In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass chicken meatballs with spinach-plum salad and cashews
Gluten-Free Friendly, Keto-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Spinach salad gets a Southeast Asian makeover with lemongrass-infused meatballs, nutty sesame dressing, juicy plums, and roasted cashews.
In your bag
- 3 organic scallions
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1 organic plum or other stone fruit
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted cashews
- 5 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket Asian sesame dressing (almond butter - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
Calories 420, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 240mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 16g (6% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, coconut, cashew), Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground meat, lemongrass paste, and white parts of the scallions. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
Cook the meatballs
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the spinach-plum salad
- Cut the plum in half and remove the pit; cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick wedges.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews; set aside for garnish.
In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, plum, and Asian sesame dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the spinach-plum salad to individual bowls and top with the meatballs. Garnish with the cashews and green parts of the scallions and serve.
- Time the meatballs.
- Crush the cashews.
- Assemble the salad.
- Transfer the salad to bowls.
- Garnish with the cashews and scallions.