In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass chicken salad with pickled carrots and sesame-miso dressing
Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
These banh mi–inspired gluten-free bowls contain all the rich flavors of the Vietnamese sandwiches without the bread to weigh you down.
In your bag
- 1 organic lime
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket sesame-miso dressing base (lemon juice - miso - toasted sesame oil)
Calories: 650, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 47g (72% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 29g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 300mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 30g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the chicken
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the pickles and the salad dressing).
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into ½-inch-thick strips; season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the chicken marinates, prepare the pickled cucumber and carrots.
Pickle the cucumber and carrots
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, start the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the lemongrass paste and lime zest.
- Pickle the cucumber and carrots.
- Stir the dressing.
- Assemble the salad.
“Combo of flavors works so well. Fresh and savory. Wonderful.” —Connie L.