Lemongrass chicken stir-fry with baby broccoli and jasmine rice
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
Our house-made lemongrass paste and stir-fry blend bring potent fragrance and flavor to this easy, gluten-free stir-fry.
- ¾ cup jasmine rice
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - olive oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - turmeric)
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 10 ounces baby broccoli
- 1 or 2 zucchini (about ¾ pound total)
- 3 scallions
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 Thai chile (optional)
- Stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - fish sauce)
To scale back the heat, in Step 3, you can shake out the seeds from the Thai chile after removing the stem (or you can omit the chile altogether).
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the chicken and vegetables.
Marinate the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes into quarters.
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli; cut the broccoli into 2-inch lengths.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 2-inch lengths.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- If using the Thai chile, remove the stem; finely chop the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the chicken
Cook the vegetables
Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 1060mg (44% DV), Carbohydrates: 72g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts