Lemongrass salmon curry with bok choy and cauliflower “rice”
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Sun Basket’s lemongrass paste has quickly become a customer favorite because it provides all the complex, authentic flavor of a from-scratch curry paste, while sparing you the work of tracking down the ingredients and then pounding the aromatics in a pestle. The lemongrass curry paste in this South Asian-inspired dish adds in a briny fish sauce and the warming spices of coriander, cumin, and cloves.
- 1 yellow onion
- Two 6-ounce wild Alaskan salmon fillets
- 1 lime
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 or 2 heads baby bok choy
- Sun Basket lemongrass curry paste (lemongrass - fresh ginger - fish sauce - fresh garlic - turmeric - coriander - cumin - cloves - olive oil - salt)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¾ pound cauliflower “rice”
- Fried shallots (optional – contain soy)
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- Fresh basil
Prep the curry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Cut into 1½-inch pieces; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Zest the lime and juice half for the curry, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the red bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut in half lengthwise, then coarsely chop.
Cook the curry
Add the bell pepper and bok choy, cover, and cook until the salmon is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the curry cooks, prepare the cauliflower “rice.”
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the remaining garnishes.
Prep the remaining garnishes
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 740 Protein: 45g Total Fat: 40 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 25.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 85mg Carbohydrates: 40 g, Fiber: 11g Added Sugar: 0g Sodium: 1400
Contains: fish, tree nuts, soy