In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass shrimp soup with mushrooms, kale, and glass noodles
Soy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Lemongrass, scallions, and cilantro deliver authentic Southeast-Asian flavors to this paleo soup served over gluten-free glass noodles.
In your bag
- 5 ounces glass (sweet potato) noodles
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - ground turmeric)
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 620, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 1760mg (73% DV), Carbohydrates: 80g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the glass noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the broth
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
While the broth simmers, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro sprigs. Set aside the sprigs for garnish.
Finish the soup
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Remove coarse stems from the cilantro.
- Garnish with the cilantro and scallions.