In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass soup with baby bok choy and plant-based chicken
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Protein Plus, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
One could argue that lemongrass is a key to Sunbasket’s success. From our popular lemongrass paste to this crowd-pleasing dish, the subtle floral flavor adds bright citrusy notes and lots of pizzazz.
- In your bag:
- Your choice of protein
- Organic baby bok choy
- Mixed vegetables (organic carrots - organic onions - organic mushrooms - extra virgin olive oil - kosher salt)
- Sunbasket lemongrass soup base (minced lemongrass - vegetable stock - extra virgin olive oil - pureed garlic - pureed ginger - arrowroot powder - coconut sugar - kosher salt - turmeric - nutritional yeast)
- Sambal oelek (optional)
Calories 450, Total Fat 26g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1250mg (52% DV), Total Carb. 32g (11% DV), Fiber 12g (48% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start cooking your protein
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. While your protein is cooking, start the soup.
Cook the lemongrass soup
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
To the pot with your protein, add the mixed vegetables, lemongrass soup base, bok choy, and 2 cups [4 cups] water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bok choy is tender and your protein is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes for regular shrimp; 2 to 3 minutes for plant-based chicken, tofu, jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, or pork; and 4 to 5 minutes for chicken. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the lemongrass soup to individual bowls and serve the sambal oelek on the side, if desired.