In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass steak lettuce cups with pickled vegetables
Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 380 Calories/Serving
The secret to these fast, easy, and super flavorful lettuce cups is our wildly popular lemongrass paste, which combines aromatic garlic, ginger, and turmeric with lemongrass.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- 1 organic red onion
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
Calories: 380, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 500mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the vegetables
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Prep the onion and your protein
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chick*n: Pat the chick*n dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Cook the onion and your protein
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; separate the leaves.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Measure the cucumber and onion.
- Pickle the cucumber and carrots.
- Separate the romaine leaves.
- Help assemble the lettuce cups.