In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass steak lettuce cups with pickled vegetables
Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 380 Calories/Serving
The secret to these fast, easy, and super-flavorful lettuce cups is our wildly popular lemongrass paste, which combines aromatic garlic, ginger, and turmeric with lemongrass.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
Calories: 380, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 500mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the vegetables
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, carrots, and quick-pickle brine. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the onion and your protein
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Cook the onion and your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the onion and lemongrass paste, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the onion starts to soften and the lemongrass is fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes for steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; separate the leaves.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled vegetables from the brine. Transfer the romaine leaves to individual plates. Top with your protein, pickled vegetables, and radishes and serve.
- Measure the cucumber and onion.
- Pickle the cucumber and carrots.
- Separate the romaine leaves.
- Remove the pickled vegetables from the brine.
- Help assemble the lettuce cups.