In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass steak stir-fry over cauliflower “rice”
Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
In this paleo and gluten-free Southeast Asian stir-fry, fresh vegetables and top sirloin beef strips are sautéed in our fragrant lemongrass paste and served over cauliflower “rice.”
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 head organic baby bok choy
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - ground turmeric)
Calories: 590, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise into quarters, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Using a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, or the coarse holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the cauliflower. Alternatively, using a knife, cut the florets and tender stems into ¼-inch pieces.
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the stir-fry
Return the steak and any accumulated juices to the pan and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for medium. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Time the cauliflower “rice.”
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Garnish the stir-fry.