In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass steak stir-fry over cauliflower “rice”
Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
In this paleo and gluten-free Southeast Asian stir-fry, fresh vegetables and top sirloin beef strips are sautéed in our fragrant lemongrass paste and served over cauliflower “rice.”
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 head organic baby bok choy
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - ground turmeric)
For an even simpler side, instead of ricing the cauliflower, cut it into 1-inch florets then either steam the florets or place them on a sheet pan, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, spread in an even layer, and roast in a 425°F oven until tender, about 15 minutes.
The flavor of lemongrass is subtle, with a more floral fragrance and less acidity than either lemon juice or zest. Sold by the stalk, it’s fibrous to the point of being woody and is usually “bruised,” thinly sliced, or pounded to a paste before it is added to a dish.
Calories: 590, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise into quarters, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Using a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, or the coarse holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the cauliflower. Alternatively, using a knife, cut the florets and tender stems into ¼-inch pieces.
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the stir-fry
Return the steak and any accumulated juices to the pan and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for medium. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Time the cauliflower “rice.”
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Garnish the stir-fry.