In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass-tofu lettuce cups with cucumber-apple salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Chef Justine’s lemongrass paste packs a big punch of flavor in this light but satisfying Vietnamese-inspired dish, featuring our favorite tofu from Hodo.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai (or Italian) basil
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 head organic green leaf or other lettuce
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - ground turmeric)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
Calories 740, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 130mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 97g (35% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the cucumber-apple salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. Cut the halves lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into enough ½-inch pieces to measure 3 cups [6 cups].
- Cut the apple lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
Prep the lettuce; cook the tofu
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Crumble or cut the tofu into ¼-inch pieces.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the cucumber-apple salad.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.