In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass-tofu lettuce cups with cucumber salad and rice noodles
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 810 Calories/Serving
Chef Justine’s lemongrass paste packs a big punch of flavor in this light but satisfying Vietnamese-inspired dish, featuring our favorite tofu from Hodo Soy.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green apple
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh Thai basil
- 1 lemon
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - olive oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - turmeric)
Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 18g (72% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 135mg (6% DV) (does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV), Carbohydrates: 105g (35% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Tree nuts, soy.
Wash produce before use
Soak the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles soak, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Make the cucumber salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the apple into quarters and cut away the core. Cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
Prep the lettuce; cook the tofu
- Trim the root end from the iceberg lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Crumble the tofu into corn-kernel-sized pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Measure out ¼ cup coconut milk; save the rest for another use.
Add the tofu, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and lemongrass paste and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in ¼ cup coconut milk, and season to taste with salt and pepper.