Lemongrass tofu with shiitake mushrooms and coconut black rice
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
30 – 40 Minutes
Our nutritionist’s favorite meal of the week, this colorful vegan Southeast Asian stir-fry bursts with antioxidants and big flavor.
In your bag
- ½ cup black rice
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - olive oil- fresh garlic - fresh ginger - turmeric)
- Sun Basket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 1½ ounces sprouts (such as sunflower or alfalfa)
While rinsing white rice removes starches on the surface of the grains that cause clumping, it’s not necessary to rinse black rice, nor do we recommend it. The surface of black rice grains contains beneficial antioxidants that you don’t want to wash away.
Calories: 780, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 990mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates: 67g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.