Lemongrass tofu with coconut forbidden rice
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Low Calorie
Cooking rice in coconut milk infuses the grains with a wonderful flavor that marries beautifully with lemongrass-seasoned tofu.
- 1 cup Lotus Foods forbidden rice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 12 ounces Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 7 ounces baby bok choy
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 4 green onions
- Small bunch cilantro
- 2 ounces lemongrass paste ( lemongrass -garlic)
- Stir-fry sauce (tamari -mirin -rice-wine vinegar)
Cook the rice
While rice cooks, prepare the tofu and the vegetables.
Prep the tofu and the vegetables
- Cut the tofu into twelve 1-inch cubes.
- Cut bok choy in half lengthwise, rinse and pat dry.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin slices.
- Trim the stems from the shiitakes and slice the caps ¼-inch thick.
- Trim the roots from the green onions and cut into 1-inch long pieces.
- Chop the cilantro.
Sear the tofu and the bok choy
Cook the mushrooms and tofu