In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass-turkey salad with rice noodles and pear
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
Our custom lemongrass paste transforms simple ingredients into a Thai-inspired noodle salad. It’s refreshing, light, and as inviting to look at as it is to eat.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 3 or 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- 1 organic Asian or other pear
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket Thai dressing base (maple syrup - lime juice - fish sauce)
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 760, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 900mg (38% DV), Carbohydrates: 87g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 8g (16% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
Bring a medium [large] sauce pot of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, then return to the pot and set aside. While the water is heating and the noodles are cooking, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook your protein
- Ground meat: Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Plant-based chick*n: Pat the chick*n dry with a paper towel.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and lemongrass paste, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is lightly browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, tofu, or plant-based chick*n; and 5 to 7 minutes for ground meat. Remove from the heat. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Peel the Asian pear, if desired; core and thinly slice.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop or tear the leaves.
In a small bowl, stir together the Thai dressing base and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine your protein, noodles, radishes, pear, mint, kale, and 2 to 3 tablespoons Thai dressing and toss to coat (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls and serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- Time the rice noodles.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Stir the dressing.
- Assemble the salad.