In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemongrass-turkey salad with rice noodles and pear
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
Our custom lemongrass paste transforms simple ground turkey into a Thai-inspired, gluten-free noodle salad. It’s refreshing, light, and as inviting to look at as it is to eat.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 3 or 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- 1 organic Asian pear
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sun Basket Thai dressing base (maple syrup - lime juice - fish sauce)
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
The flavor of lemongrass is subtle, with a more floral fragrance and less acidity than either lemon juice or zest. Sold by the stalk, it’s fibrous to the point of being woody and is usually “bruised,” thinly sliced, or pounded to a paste before it is added to a dish.
Calories: 760, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 510mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 87g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles and turkey
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the water heats, in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the turkey and lemongrass paste, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until browned and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
While the noodles and turkey cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the salad
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Peel the Asian pear, if desired; core and thinly slice.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop or tear the leaves.
- Time the rice noodles.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Stir the dressing.
- Assemble the lemongrass-turkey salad.