In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemony orzo with chicken, roasted eggplant, and bell pepper
Soy-Free, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
No secret ingredients here—just fresh ones. We’re talking roasted eggplant, bell pepper, and onion tossed with delicate orzo and a bright lemon vinaigrette.
In your bag
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic red onion
- 5 ounces orzo
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
Calories 670, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 240mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 77g (28% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the vegetables
Heat the oven to 475°F.
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the orzo.
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
On a sheet pan [2 sheet pans], drizzle the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the orzo.
Cook the orzo
To the pot of boiling water, add the orzo and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Meanwhile, prepare your protein.
Prep your protein
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble or cut into ½-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Cook your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. While your protein is cooking, finish the orzo.
Finish the orzo
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon vinaigrette base and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
To the bowl with the orzo, add the roasted vegetables and lemon vinaigrette and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the orzo and vegetables to individual bowls and top with your protein. Sprinkle with the feta and serve.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the orzo.
- Measure the onion.
- Drizzle the vegetables with oil and season.
- Stir the lemon vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with the feta.