In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemony pollock salad with scallion dressing and Japanese sesame salt
Gluten-Free Friendly, Keto-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
If you’re looking for the perfect all-star seasoning, we’ve got one word for you: gomasio, or Japanese sesame salt. Our twist on this savory blend combines toasted white and black sesame seeds with a pinch of salt. That’s all there is to it.
In your bag
- Sunbasket sesame seed blend (white sesame seeds - black sesame seeds)
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- Seafood options:
- 10 ounces wild pollock pieces
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories 370, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 400mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the Japanese sesame salt
In a dry large frying pan over medium heat, toast the sesame seed blend, stirring often, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and season lightly with salt. Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the sesame seeds and salt. Transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out the pan.
Prep and cook the zucchini
- Cut the zucchini into ½-inch pieces.
In the same pan used for the sesame seed blend, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the scallion dressing.
- Set aside half the stir-fry blend for the scallion dressing.
For fish (pollock and halibut):
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel. Cut the halibut into 1-inch pieces. Season the fish lightly with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the zucchini, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the fish and cook, turning once, until lightly browned on the bottom side, 1 to 2 minutes for pollock and 2 to 3 minutes for halibut. Turn and cook until the fish is opaque and flaky, about 1 minute for pollock and 3 to 4 minutes for halibut. Stir in the lemon zest and half the stir-fry blend and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the zucchini, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook until firm and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and half the stir-fry blend and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse and drain the scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the zucchini, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Stir in the lemon zest and half the stir-fry blend and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the seafood is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the scallion dressing
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the white parts and thinly slice the green parts, keeping them separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
In a small bowl, stir together the white parts of the scallions, lemon juice, remaining stir-fry blend, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the romaine to individual bowls, sprinkle with the carrots, and top with the zucchini and seafood. Spoon over as much scallion dressing as you like and sprinkle with the Japanese sesame salt. Garnish with the green parts of the scallions and serve.
- Crush the sesame seeds and salt.
- Juice the lemon.
- Divide the stir-fry blend in half.
- Stir the scallion dressing.
- Garnish with the sesame salt and scallions.