In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemony shrimp and couscous salad with warm vegetables
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
A make-ahead marvel, this veggie, shellfish, and couscous salad tastes equally delicious fresh off the stove as it does packed cold for tomorrow’s lunch.
In your bag
- ½ cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- Sunbasket Mediterranean dressing (EVOO - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
Calories 640, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 820mg (36% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 8g Added Sugars, 16% DV), Protein 24g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
While the couscous cooks and cools, pickle the onion and prepare the vegetables.
Make the quick-pickled onion
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the garnish.
Prep the garnish; assemble the salad
- Coarsely chop the dill.
- Measure the water for the couscous.
- Time the couscous.
- Assemble the salad.
- Add the garnishes.