In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemony shrimp and couscous salad with warm vegetables
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
A make-ahead marvel, this veggie, shellfish, and couscous salad tastes equally delicious fresh off the stove as it does packed cold for tomorrow’s lunch.
In your bag
- ½ cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- Sunbasket Mediterranean dressing (EVOO - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
Calories 640, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 820mg (36% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 8g Added Sugars, 16% DV), Protein 24g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
While the couscous cooks and cools, pickle the onion and prepare the vegetables.
Make the quick-pickled onion
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the garnish.
Prep the garnish; assemble the salad
- Coarsely chop the dill.
- Measure the water for the couscous.
- Time the couscous.
- Assemble the salad.
- Add the garnishes.