In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lentil dal curry with Greek yogurt and homemade flatbreads
Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 810 Calories/Serving
Indian comfort food made easy: our dal, with warm flavors of zesty ginger, floral coriander, and cinnamon, to name a few, is served with quick homemade flatbreads.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic green or other bell pepper
- 1 cup red lentils
- Sunbasket dal curry blend (tomatoes - fresh ginger - fresh garlic - curry powder - ground turmeric - coriander - cumin - cinnamon - cayenne)
- Sunbasket flatbread mix (whole wheat flour - baking powder)
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 5 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
Calories: 810, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 23g (92% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 200mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 114g (38% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the lentil dal curry
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
While the lentils cook, prepare the flatbread and the kale.
Make the flatbread dough
Prep the lemon and cilantro; cook the kale
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Shape and cook the flatbread
In the same pan used for the kale, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Working with one at a time, add a flatbread and cook until lightly browned on one side, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the flatbread, carefully add 1 tablespoon water to the pan, cover, and cook until the flatbread is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between flatbreads if needed.
- Measure the onion.
- Make the flatbread dough.
- Juice the lemon.
- Roll out the flatbread dough.
- Garnish the dal with yogurt and cilantro.