In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lentil, mushroom, and apricot burgers with arugula salad
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Show meat who’s boss with this savory vegan burger. The apricots add sweetness, the mushrooms make it wonderfully juicy, and the black lentils create a flavorful base.
In your bag
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 ounce dried apricots
- 2 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted cashews
- 1 cup cooked black lentils
- 2 tablespoons panko
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket “creamy” mustard vinaigrette (whole grain mustard - onion - extra virgin olive oil - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt)
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
Calories: 610, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 22g (88% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 880mg (37% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the patties
- In a medium bowl, stir or whisk together the flaxseed meal and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] warm water. Let stand, undisturbed, while you prepare the remaining burger ingredients.
- Finely chop the dried apricots.
- Finely chop the mushrooms.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, finely crush the cashews.
- Rinse the lentils.
To the bowl with the flaxseed mixture, add the apricots, mushrooms, cashews, lentils, and panko and season with salt and pepper. Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, smash the mixture until well combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into two [four] 1-inch-thick patties.
Cook the patties
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until a dark golden brown crust forms, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. While the patties are cooking, prepare the tomato and the salad.
Prep the tomato; make the arugula salad
- Cut away the core from the tomato; cut the tomato into ¼-inch-thick slices for garnish.
In a medium bowl, toss together the arugula with as much “creamy” mustard vinaigrette as you like (set aside any remaining vinaigrette for serving); season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toast the buns; assemble the burgers
In the same pan used for the patties, place the buns, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven. Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on a work surface and top each with a burger patty, tomato slices, and as much arugula salad as you like. Close with the bun tops.
Transfer the burgers to individual plates and serve any remaining salad and vinaigrette on the side.
- Combine the flaxseed meal and water.
- Crush the cashews.
- Rinse the lentils.
- Help form the patties.
- Assemble the arugula salad.