Lentil-mushroom Bolognese with gluten-free fusilli and romaine salad
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Soy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
Browned cremini mushrooms and black lentils stand in for the classic meat in our hearty vegetarian Bolognese, served with gluten-free fusilli.
“ This was SO good!!!! Loved it!”
In your bag
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms
- 2 or 3 shallots
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- ½ cup black lentils
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 10 ounces gluten-free quinoa fusilli
- 1 romaine heart
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic)
- ¾ cup grated Pecorino Romano
If you have a food processor, in Step 1, instead of chopping the mushrooms, shallots, carrots, and celery, pulse them a few times with the blade attachment, then proceed with the recipe. Or, if you prefer an even finer-textured sauce, grate them with the grater attachment.
Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 30mg (10% DV), Sodium: 490mg (20% DV) (does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV), Carbohydrates: 83g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.