In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey and avocado "sliders" with root vegetable fries
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Sliders without buns? Yup. We’re keeping things crisp and summery fresh with these lettuce-wrapped numbers served with crispy oven-roasted sweet potato and carrot fries.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic red onion
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket garlic-porcini seasoning (granulated garlic - porcini powder - sweet paprika)
- 1 head organic Artisan romaine or other lettuce
- 1 organic avocado
- Sunbasket chipotle mayo (paleo mayo - chipotle chile powder - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories: 740, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 50g (77% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 31g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 46g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the root vegetable fries
Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot crosswise into 2-inch pieces, then lengthwise into quarters.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the sweet potato and carrot with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until the potato and carrot are tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Make the patties
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; thinly slice the remaining onion [as much of the second onion as desired] and set aside for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from your protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, combine your protein, chopped onion, and garlic-porcini seasoning. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into six [twelve] ½-inch-thick patties.
Cook the patties
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the patties.
Turkey or chicken: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Beef, lamb, pork, or plant-based Impossible Burger: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Add more oil between batches, if needed. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine; remove as many of the largest outer leaves as you like for the sliders and save any remaining romaine for another use.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the romaine leaves to individual plates and top each with a slider, as many onion slices as you like, and the avocado. Serve the root vegetable fries on the side with the chipotle mayo for dipping.
- Scrub the sweet potato and carrot.
- Toss the potato and carrot with oil and seasonings.
- Measure the onion.
- Remove the outer leaves from the romaine.
- Help assemble the sliders.