In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with spicy chraime carrot salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Keto-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
In transforming burger night into a paleo delight, we might have outdone the original. Red pepper vinaigrette replaces ketchup and mayo, and crisp lettuce leaves coolly step in for buns.
In your bag
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 organic carrots
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket chraime spice blend (sweet paprika - cinnamon - cumin - cayenne)
- Your choice of protein
- 1 head organic green leaf or other lettuce
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Sunbasket red pepper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories 460, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 400mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the carrot salad
- Juice ½ lemon; save the remainder for another use. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Peel or scrub the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil, and one-third of the chraime spice blend. Add the carrot ribbons and mint and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper and as much of the remaining chraime spice blend as you like. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the patties
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Using wet hands, form the ground meat into two [four] ½-inch-thick patties.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties.
Turkey or chicken: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Beef, lamb, pork, or plant-based Impossible Burger: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Transfer to a plate. While the patties are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the lettuce and zucchini
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove as many of the largest outer leaves as you like for the burgers and save any remaining lettuce for another use.
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the lettuce leaves to individual plates. Top with the burgers, spread each with 1 tablespoon red pepper vinaigrette, and garnish with the zucchini ribbons. Serve the carrot salad and remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Pat the zucchini dry.
- Help assemble the burgers.