In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with spicy chraime carrot salad
Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Spicy
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Question: What’s an easy paleo meal? Answer: These no-bun burgers! And our custom chraime spice blend (to add a little or a lotta kick, you choose!) makes the carrot salad pop.
In your bag
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 organic carrots
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket chraime spice blend (sweet paprika - cinnamon - cumin - cayenne)
- 1 head organic baby iceberg or other lettuce
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Sunbasket red pepper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories: 460, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 20g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the carrot salad
- Juice ½ lemon; save the remainder for another use. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Peel or scrub the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil, and one-third of the chraime spice blend. Add the carrot ribbons and mint and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper and as much of the remaining chraime spice blend as you like.
Prep and cook the patties
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Using wet hands, form the meat into two [four] ½-inch-thick patties.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the lettuce and zucchini
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove 4  of the largest outer leaves for the burgers and save the remaining lettuce for another use.
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
Transfer the lettuce leaves to individual plates. Top with the burgers, spread each with 1 tablespoon red pepper vinaigrette, and garnish with the zucchini ribbons. Serve the carrot salad and remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Pat the zucchini dry.
- Help assemble the burgers.