In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with spicy chraime carrot salad
Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Spicy, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
These no-bun burgers are your answer to an easy paleo dinner. Add a little or a lot of kick to the carrot ribbon salad with our custom chraime spice blend.
In your bag
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 organic carrots
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sun Basket chraime spice blend (sweet paprika - cinnamon - cumin - cayenne)
- 1 head organic baby iceberg or other lettuce
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Sun Basket red pepper vinaigrette (EVOO - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories: 470, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 20g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the carrot salad
- Juice ½ lemon; save the remainder for another use. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Peel or scrub the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the patties
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Using wet hands, form the meat into two [four] ½-inch-thick patties.
Prep the lettuce and zucchini
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove 4  of the largest outer leaves for the burgers and save the remaining lettuce for another use.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini. Lay the zucchini flat; using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Pat the zucchini dry.
- Help assemble the burgers.