In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with spicy chraime carrot salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
In transforming burger night into a paleo delight, we might have outdone the original. Red pepper vinaigrette replaces ketchup and mayo, and lettuce leaves coolly step in for buns.
In your bag
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 organic carrots
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket chraime spice blend (sweet paprika - cinnamon - cumin - cayenne)
- Your choice of protein
- 1 head organic baby iceberg or other lettuce
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Sunbasket red pepper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories 460, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 450mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the carrot salad
- Juice ½ lemon; save the remainder for another use. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Peel or scrub the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil, and one-third of the chraime spice blend. Add the carrot ribbons and mint and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper and as much of the remaining chraime spice blend as you like.
Prep and cook the patties
- Cut a small corner from your protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Using wet hands, form your protein into two [four] ½-inch-thick patties.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties.
Turkey or chicken: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Beef, lamb, pork, or plant-based Impossible Burger: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the lettuce and zucchini
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove as many of the largest outer leaves as you like for the burgers and save any remaining lettuce for another use.
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
Transfer the lettuce leaves to individual plates. Top with the burgers, spread each with 1 tablespoon red pepper vinaigrette, and garnish with the zucchini ribbons. Serve the carrot salad and remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Pat the zucchini dry.
- Help assemble the burgers.