In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with green goddess dressing and lentil salad
Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
All of the yum with none of the bun; these lettuce-wrapped burgers are a healthy alternative to a favorite American meal, jazzed up with our signature green goddess dressing and caramelized onion.
In your bag
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
- 1 red onion
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 lemon
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh dill or other leafy herb such as parsley
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 head butter lettuce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Sunbasket green goddess dressing (paleo mayo - parsley - apple cider vinegar - scallions - anchovy - fresh garlic - kosher salt)
Calories 580, Total Fat 31g (48% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 45g (15% DV), Fiber 13g (52% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Eggs, Fish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the sun-dried tomatoes
While the tomatoes soak, prepare the onion.
Prep and cook the onion
- Peel and thinly slice half the onion. Finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; set aside for the lentil salad.
While the onion cooks, prepare the burgers.
Make the burgers
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey package and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Zest the lemon; juice half and cut half into wedges. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon and cut the remaining lemon into wedges.] Set aside the juice for the lentil salad and the wedges for garnish.
- If desired, strip the dill leaves from the stems; coarsely chop enough dill to measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp]; set aside half for the lentil salad. Save any remaining dill sprigs for another use.
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the lentil salad.
Make the lentil salad; prep the lettuce
- Finely chop the dates.
- Rinse the lentils.
- Coarsely chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove 4  of the largest outer leaves for the burgers and save the remaining lettuce for another use.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure the dill.
- Rinse the lentils.
- Toss the lentil salad.