Lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with grilled peach salad and basil mayo
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Lean dark turkey gets sweet smokiness from our custom burger spice blend, plus a hit of sweetness and smoke from grilled peaches and cherry tomatoes.
- 2 peaches
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Burger spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika - salt - black pepper)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons paleo mayo
- ½ teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
- 2 ounces baby kale
Before cooking the burgers, you can test the seasoning of the meat mixture by cooking a tablespoon or so in a small frying pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop.
Make It Leaner
Replace the 3 tablespoons mayo with 1 teaspoon oil to make a light dressing for the burgers that will slash 130 calories and 16 grams of fat per serving.
Prep and grill the peaches and tomatoes
- Cut the peaches into quarters and remove the pits.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
While the peaches and tomatoes cook, prepare the burgers.
Prep the turkey burgers
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure 3 tablespoons.
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the basil mayo.
Make the basil mayo
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the peach salad.
Prep the lettuce wraps; finish the salad
- Trim the root end from the iceberg lettuce. Separate the large leaves for the burgers; save the rest for another use.
Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 29g (145% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 690mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).