In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with grilled peach salad and basil mayo
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Lean dark turkey gets sweet smokiness from our custom burger spice blend; the grilled peaches and tomatoes also bring a hit of sweetness and smoke.
In your bag
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 peaches
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- 2 or 3 shallots
- Burger spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika - salt - black pepper)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh basil
- ⅓ cup paleo mayo
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- ¼ pound baby kale
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
- 2 whole wheat buns*
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version
Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 25g (125% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 680mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: soy, wheat, eggs.
Paleo-strict nutrition per serving: Calories: 550, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 25g (125% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 680mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the sweet potatoes
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-wide wedges.
While the sweet potatoes roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and grill the peaches and tomatoes
- Cut the peaches into quarters and remove the pits.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
While the peaches and tomatoes cook, prepare the burgers.
Prep and cook the turkey burgers
- Cut off a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
In the same pan used for the peaches and tomatoes, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. While the burgers cook, prepare the basil mayo.
Make the basil mayo; finish the salad
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the mayo and one for the peach salad.
In a medium bowl, combine the peaches, tomatoes, baby kale, remaining basil, and 1 teaspoon oil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep the lettuce wraps and buns
- Trim the root end from the iceberg lettuce; separate as many larger leaves as desired (paleo-strict diners can build their burgers on lettuce leaves instead of buns).
- Cut the buns in half.
- Scrub and toss the sweet potatoes.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Stir together the basil mayo.
- Toss the peach salad.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.