In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with tomato relish and sweet potato fries
Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
For these juicy paleo burgers, we rely on health-boosting spices like granulated garlic and sweet smoked paprika to add a triple dose of color, flavor, and antioxidants.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sunbasket burger spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- ¼ cup paleo mayo
Calories: 540, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 240mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 40g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potato fries
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the sweet potato with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until the potato is tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the romaine; make the tomato relish
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; remove as many of the largest outer leaves as you like for the burgers and save any remaining romaine for another use.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure 2 tablespoons [¼ cup].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the patties.
Make the patties
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the patties
Beef, lamb, and pork: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Turkey and chicken: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Season the sweet potato for roasting.
- Separate the romaine leaves.
- Measure the shallots.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the relish.