In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with tomato relish and sweet potato fries
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Skip the artificial additives and processed sauces. For these juicy burgers, we bet on health-boosting spices like onion powder, garlic, and paprika to add a triple dose of color, flavor, and antioxidants.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket burger spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- ¼ cup paleo mayo
Calories 540, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 240mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 40g (15% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the sweet potato fries
Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the sweet potato with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until the potato is tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the romaine; make the tomato relish
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; remove as many of the largest outer leaves as you like for the burgers and save any remaining romaine for another use.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure 2 tablespoons [¼ cup].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the patties.
In a medium bowl, stir together the tomatoes, shallots, sherry vinegar, half the parsley, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the burgers.
Make the patties
- Cut a small corner from your protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine your protein, burger spice blend, and remaining parsley. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into two [four] ½-inch-thick patties.
Cook the patties
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties.
Beef, lamb, pork, or plant-based Impossible Burger: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Turkey or chicken: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Transfer the romaine leaves to individual plates. Top with the burgers, spread each with 1 tablespoon mayo, and spoon on the tomato relish. Serve the sweet potato fries and remaining mayo on the side.
- Drizzle the sweet potato with oil and season.
- Separate the romaine leaves.
- Measure the shallots.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the relish.