In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey sliders with Asian slaw
Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
Thanks to scallions, lime zest, and an optional kick of fresh jalapeño, we packed these lettuce-wrapped sliders with some serious punch.
In your bag
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- 1 head organic butter or other lettuce
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket Asian slaw dressing (maple syrup - red wine vinegar - ginger)
Calories 370, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 100mg (4% DV), Total Carb. 35g (13% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 23g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 24g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the patties
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the slaw. [Zest both limes; juice 1 lime. Save the remaining zested lime for another use.]
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop the jalapeño. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the patties
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the Asian slaw
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove 4  of the largest outer leaves for the sliders and save the remaining lettuce for another use.
- Peel the apple, if desired; core and cut into matchsticks.
- Juice the lime.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Top the sliders with slaw.