In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey sliders with Asian slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
Thanks to scallions, lime zest, and an optional kick of fresh jalapeño, we packed these lettuce-wrapped sliders with some serious punch.
In your bag
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- Your choice of protein
- 1 head organic butter or other lettuce
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket Asian slaw dressing (maple syrup - red wine vinegar - ginger)
Calories 370, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 100mg (4% DV), Total Carb. 36g (13% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 23g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 24g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the patties
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the slaw. [Zest both limes; juice 1 lime. Save the remaining zested lime for another use.]
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop the jalapeño. Wash your hands after handling.
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground meat, scallions, lime zest, and as much jalapeño as you like. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into four [eight] ½-inch-thick patties.
Cook the patties
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients and start the slaw.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the Asian slaw
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove 4  of the largest outer leaves for the sliders and save the remaining lettuce for another use.
- Peel the apple, if desired; core and cut into matchsticks.
In a medium bowl, toss together the apple, cabbage, carrots, Asian slaw dressing, and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the lettuce leaves to individual plates. Top each leaf with a slider and a spoonful of Asian slaw. Serve any remaining slaw on the side.
- Juice the lime.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Transfer the lettuce leaves to plates.
- Top the sliders with slaw.