In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey sliders with basil mayo and black bean salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Not your everyday sports-bar sliders, these turkey patties boast lean protein and an array of healthy fixin’s, wrapped in crisp butter lettuce.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion or shallots
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 tablespoons paleo mayo
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 head organic Belgian endive or other chicory lettuce such as Treviso
- 1 head organic butter lettuce
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
Calories 500, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 500mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 30g (11% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Make the basil mayo
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the basil mayo and the bean salad).
Make the burgers
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Make the bean salad; prep the red peppers
- Rinse the black beans.
- Trim the root end from the endive; cut the endive in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips.
- Trim the root end from the butter lettuce; remove the largest outer leaves and set aside for the burgers (1 or 2 leaves per slider). Cut the remaining lettuce in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin strips.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Set aside enough onion slices to garnish the burgers, shaking off any excess vinegar. Measure ½ cup [1 cup] remaining onion along with the vinegar for the salad. Save any remaining onion for another use.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers. Set aside for serving.
Cook the burgers
- Stir the marinated onion.
- Stir together the basil mayo.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the black beans.
- Toss the bean salad.