In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey sliders with basil mayo and squash salad
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Slide into supper with our paleo turkey sliders, complete with a colorful array of fixings, including roasted red peppers and basil mayo, plus a roasted squash salad served on the side.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 delicata squash (about 1 pound total)
- 2 red onions
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh basil
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup paleo mayo
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 romaine heart
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 8 slider buns*
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories: 690, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 680mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 71g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the squash
- Trim the ends from the delicata squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then cut each half crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
While the squash roasts, prepare the rest of the meal.
Marinate the red onions
- Peel and thinly slice enough red onions to measure 2 cups.
Make the basil mayo
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Zest and juice the lemons, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the basil mayo and the squash salad).
Make the burgers
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Make the squash salad; prep the red peppers
- Set aside a large handful of the onion slices to garnish the burgers, shaking off any excess vinegar. Measure out 1 cup remaining onion along with the vinegar for the salad. Save any remaining onion for another use.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart. Remove as many outer leaves as you like for the slider wraps; cut the remaining lettuce crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts for garnish.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers. Set the peppers aside for serving.
Cook the burgers
- Toss the squash with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Stir the red onions and sherry vinegar.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Stir the basil mayo.
- Remove the outer romaine leaves.