In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey sliders with BBQ sauce and caramelized onions
Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Lighten up your dinner with these low-carb sliders, slathered in our sweet and tangy house-made BBQ glaze and topped with tender mushrooms and onions.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- Sun Basket meatball seasoning blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- Sun Basket BBQ glaze (tomato paste - apple cider vinegar - maple syrup - molasses - vegan Worcestershire - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
Calories: 430, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 450mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the onion and mushrooms
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
Make the patties
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the patties
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; remove as many of the largest outer leaves as you like for the sliders and save any remaining romaine for another use.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; thinly slice the tomato.
- Separate the romaine leaves.
- Time the patties.
- Help assemble the sliders.