In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey sliders with lemon aioli and chicory salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
A vibrant chicory salad is set to accompany these fully loaded gluten-free turkey sliders. So fire up the grill and enjoy this showstopper of a meal alfresco.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 head organic endive
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- 3 ounces piquillo peppers
- Sunbasket lemon aioli (paleo mayo - lemon juice - garlic)
Calories 460, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 28g (10% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Make the burgers
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for the aioli.
Prep the peppers and aioli; make the bean salad
- Rinse the black beans.
- Trim the root end from the endive; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove the largest outer leaves and set aside for the burgers (1 or 2 leaves per slider). Cut the remaining lettuce in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Set aside enough marinated onion slices to garnish the burgers, shaking off any excess vinegar. Measure ½ cup [1 cup] remaining marinated onion along with the vinegar for the salad. Save any remaining onion for another use.
- Scrape off any seeds from the piquillo peppers; thinly slice the peppers. Set aside for serving.
In a large bowl, toss together the beans, endive, sliced lettuce, 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil, and the ½ cup [1 cup] onion and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the burgers
- Stir the marinated onion.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Season the aioli.
- Assemble the bean salad.
- Help assemble the sliders.