In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lo soi chicken with vegetable stir-fry over jasmine rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Our lo soi base delivers deep, long-cooked flavor fast to juicy chicken thighs in this garlicky-gingery stir-fry.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 6 ounces cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Lo soi base (gluten-free tamari - honey - fish sauce - five-spice powder)
- 3 scallions
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as basil
Calories 590, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 130mg (43% DV), Sodium 1590mg (69% DV), Total Carb. 71g (26% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Fish, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Cut the ginger in half crosswise; grate or peel and finely chop half the ginger. Using the bottom of a cup or bowl, smash the remaining half and set aside for the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- If desired, strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; use the leaves or whole sprigs for garnish.
- Rinse the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Smash the ginger.
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Garnish with the scallions and cilantro.