Lobster tails with creamy garlic butter sauce and roasted baby broccoli

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Chef's Table

Delight in our limited-edition Chef's Table recipes, designed with extra-luxe ingredients and innovative flavor combinations. It's a meal worth getting dressed up for - even at home.

Lobster tails with creamy garlic butter sauce and roasted baby broccoli

Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories

2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving

30–45 Minutes

Love at first bite? You bet. These home-cooked lobster tails are steamed to tender perfection, then bathed in a rich, luxurious sauce of garlic, spices, butter, milk, and Parmesan. Mmmm! 

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • ½ pound organic gold or red new potatoes
  • 1 bunch organic baby broccoli
  • 1 or 2 organic shallots
  • 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • Sunbasket zhug spice blend (coriander - cumin - cardamom - cayenne - cloves)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
  • 2 cold-water lobster tails (about 4½ ounces each)
  • 1 organic lemon
  • 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley

Nutrition per serving

Calories 450, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 350mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 46g (17% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 13g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Milk, Crustacean Shellfish (lobster)

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.

Instructions

2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use

1

Prep and roast the vegetables

Heat the oven to 425°F.

  • Scrub the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half; cut any large potatoes into quarters.
  • Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli.
  • Peel and thinly slice the shallots.

On a sheet pan [2 sheet pans], drizzle the potatoes, baby broccoli, and shallots with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring once halfway through, until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender, 14 to 16 minutes. Meanwhile, start preparing the rest of the meal.

2

Make the garlic butter and the cream sauce

  • Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.

In a small sauce pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the garlic and zhug spice blend and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] garlic butter to a small bowl and set aside for the lobster.

To the remaining garlic butter in the pot, add the milk, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the Parmesan, and cover to keep warm.

3

Prep and steam the lobster

  • Working with 1 lobster tail at a time, place the lobster with the top shell facing up on a cutting board. Using clean kitchen shears or scissors, cut down the center of the shell, avoiding the meat, until you reach the base of the tail (do not cut through the tail; keep it intact). Turn the lobster over and repeat with the bottom shell, cutting down the center to the base of the tail. Using your fingers, gently spread the shells apart and lift out the meat, keeping the meat attached near the end of the tail. Press the empty shell halves back together and lay the lobster meat on top of the shell.

In a large frying pan, bring ½ inch of water to a boil. Add the lobster, with the shell down and meat facing up, cover, and cook until the lobster meat is opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Brush with or spoon over the reserved garlic butter. While the lobster is steaming, prepare the garnishes.

4

Prep the garnishes

  • Cut the lemon into wedges.
  • Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.

Serve

Transfer the roasted vegetables to individual plates. Top with the lobster tails and spoon over the creamy garlic butter sauce. Garnish with the parsley and serve with the lemon wedges.

Kids Can!
  • Scrub the potatoes.
  • Drizzle the vegetables with oil and season.
  • Press the garlic (if you have a press).
  • Strip the parsley leaves.
  • Garnish with the parsley.