In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lobster tails with garlic-scallion butter and fresh tomato orzo
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Lobsters have a star power that makes any meal feel special. And when you add garlic-scallion butter and an ingenious side of orzo, you have an award-worthy dinner.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ pound organic Roma or other tomatoes
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic Meyer or Eureka lemon
- 5 ounces orzo
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 cold-water lobster tails (about 4½ ounces each)
Calories: 420, Protein: 17g (34% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 10g (15% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 40mg (13% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Crustacean Shellfish (lobster), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the tomato orzo
Bring a medium sauce pot of lightly salted water to a boil for the orzo.
- Let the butter come to room temperature.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]; set aside half for the garlic-scallion butter.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the tomato orzo and the garlic-scallion butter). Set aside the zest for the butter.
In a large bowl, stir together the tomatoes, shallots, half the garlic, half the parsley, 1½ tablespoons [3 TBL] lemon juice, 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, and up to ½ teaspoon [1 tsp] sugar, if using. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you cook the orzo.
To the pot of boiling water, add the orzo and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, transfer to the bowl with the tomatoes, and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the scallions
- Trim the root ends from the scallions.
In a dry large frying pan over medium-high heat, add the scallions in an even layer and cook, turning once halfway through, until lightly browned and softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly. Do not clean the pan. While the scallions are cooking and cooling, prepare the lobster.
Prep and steam the lobster
- Working with 1 lobster tail at a time, place the lobster with the top shell facing up on a cutting board. Using kitchen shears or clean scissors, cut down the center of the shell, avoiding the meat, until you reach the base of the tail (do not cut through the tail; keep it intact). Turn the lobster over and repeat with the bottom shell, cutting down the center to the base of the tail. Using your fingers, gently spread the shells apart and lift out the meat, keeping the meat attached near the end of the tail. Press the empty shell halves back together and lay the lobster meat on top of the shell.
In the same pan used for the scallions, bring ½ inch of water to a boil. Add the lobster, with the shell down and meat facing up, cover, and cook until the lobster meat is opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate. While the lobster is cooking, assemble the butter.
Make the garlic-scallion butter
- Thinly slice the scallions.
In a small bowl, stir together the scallions, butter, lemon zest, ½ teaspoon [1 tsp] lemon juice, and remaining garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the tomato orzo to individual plates and top with the lobster. Top each lobster with ½ teaspoon garlic-scallion butter (save the remaining butter for another use; see Chef’s Tip). Garnish the dish with the remaining parsley and serve.
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure the shallots, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Stir the tomatoes and other ingredients.
- Assemble the garlic-scallion butter.
- Garnish with the parsley.