In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Madras coconut curry with tofu, black rice, and lime
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
Brimming with flavor from black rice, coconut milk, fresh ginger, and tamarind, this vegetarian tofu dish takes curry to the next level.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Fresh ginger
- 2 or 3 Roma tomatoes
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- Madras spice blend (Madras curry powder - sugar - coriander - turmeric)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 2 scallions
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 410mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 73g (27% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 39g
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the curry.
Prep the curry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; cut the tomatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
Cook the curry
When the curry is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.