In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Madras coconut curry with tofu, tomatoes, and black rice
Vegan, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Brimming with flavor from black rice and coconut milk, this vegan tofu dish takes curry to the next level.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- Sunbasket Madras curry simmer sauce base (coconut milk - onion - garlic - ginger - Madras curry powder - tamarind - maple syrup - coriander - turmeric)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 organic lime
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories: 640, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 30mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates: 85g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the curry.
Prep and cook the curry
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
When the curry is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the water for the rice and curry.
- Time the rice.
- Garnish the curry.