In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Madras curry bowls with crispy tempeh and cucumber
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
These rice bowls are brimming with parcels of fragrant tempeh curry, cool cucumber, fresh mint, and a squeeze of lime. They’re a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds.
In your bag
- ½ cup jade rice
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sun Basket Madras curry simmer sauce base (coconut milk - onion - garlic - ginger - Madras curry powder - tamarind puree - maple syrup - coriander - turmeric)
- ¼ cup organic peas
Calories: 630, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 17g (68% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 40mg (2% DV), Carbohydrates: 78g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 1.57g (3% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew, coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, soften the tempeh.
Start the tempeh
- Cut the tempeh crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips, then cut the strips in half crosswise.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside for garnish.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear or chop the leaves for garnish.
Crisp the tempeh; cook the curry
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice and tempeh.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Help assemble the bowls.