In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Malai potato kofta curry with toasted naan
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 790 Calories/Serving
Kofta, a classic Northern Indian comfort food, is traditionally enriched with cream. Coconut milk and cashew butter join forces to keep things vegan and deliciously smooth.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic russet or other white potatoes (about ¾ pound total)
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ½ cup organic peas
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Sun Basket malai base (tomatoes - coconut milk - onion - cashew butter - garam masala - garlic - ginger - turmeric - coriander)
- 2 whole grain naan
Calories: 790, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 15g (75% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 220mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 92g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew, coconut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the kofta
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Finely chop the shredded carrots.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
Add the chickpea flour, cumin, half the cilantro, and as much cayenne as you like. Season generously with salt and pepper. Using a fork or masher, coarsely mash the potato mixture. Add up to 2 tablespoons water, if needed, and stir until a dense batter forms (some lumps are okay). When cool enough to handle, using wet hands, form the mixture into 2-inch balls.
Brown the kofta
Make the malai sauce; finish the kofta
While the sauce heats, toast the naan.
Warm the naan
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Divide the cilantro in half.
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Garnish with the cilantro.