In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Malaysian pork mee goreng with udon noodles and zucchini
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
For this 20-minute noodle dish, we toss udon with browned pork strips, crisp-tender veggies, and a bold, umami-rich sauce. Who needs takeout?
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh udon noodles
- 2 pork blade steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 6 organic scallions
- Sunbasket Malaysian “hot” sauce base (honey - miso - gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
Calories: 580, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 60mg (20% DV), Sodium: 1230mg (51% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 12g (24% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the udon noodles
While the water heats and the udon cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Cut the pork crosswise into ½-inch-thick strips; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Malaysian “hot” sauce base with as much sambal oelek as you like.
Cook the pork mee goreng
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the udon.
- Time the udon.
- Garnish with the scallions.