In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Malaysian shrimp curry with apple and chard
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 360 Calories/Serving
Faster than takeout, this shrimp curry is served over a bed of chard and comes together in 20 minutes, thanks to our premade green curry base.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- 1 bunch organic rainbow chard or other greens (about ½ pound)
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild jumbo shrimp
- 1 organic lime
- Sunbasket green curry base (coconut milk - spinach - onion - cashew butter - garam masala - garlic - ginger - turmeric - coriander)
Calories 360, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 200mg (67% DV), Sodium 470mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 36g (13% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut, cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the apple and chard
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Core and cut the apple into ¼-inch pieces.
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves and stems, keeping them separate.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, apple, and chard stems, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the chard leaves and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed. Wipe out the pan. While the apple and chard are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the shrimp curry
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lime into wedges; save the remaining lime for another use.]
In the same pan used for the apple and chard, add the green curry base and ½ cup [1 cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a vigorous simmer. Add the shrimp and cook, turning occasionally, until firm and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp, 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the apple and chard to individual bowls and top with the shrimp curry. Serve with the lime wedges.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the chard leaves.
- Measure the water for the curry.
- Time the shrimp.