In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Malaysian stir-fried hawker noodles with shrimp
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Inspired by Malaysian street food, this shellfish stir-fry gets bold Southeast Asian flavor from our house-made vegan “oyster sauce” blend.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic egg
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket vegan “oyster sauce” blend (gluten-free tamari - coconut aminos - canola oil - miso - dried plums - garlic - molasses - ginger - porcini powder)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 590, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 230mg (77% DV), Sodium: 1110mg (46% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the shellfish cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables; start the egg
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
Stir in the noodles, egg, “oyster sauce” blend, and as much sambal oelek as you like and cook until the noodles are heated through and the egg is just set, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the shellfish, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill a pot with water for the noodles.
- Time the noodles.
- Measure the oil for cooking.
- Set the table.