In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Malaysian tofu laksa with green beans and rice noodles
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 790 Calories/Serving
Our beloved lemongrass paste lends slow-cooked flavor to this gluten-free noodle bowl, a twist on the go-to dish for many Malaysian street-food hawkers.
In your bag
- 5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - ground turmeric)
- ¼ ounce Chinese chiles (optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories: 790, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 93g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the ingredients for the laksa.
Prep the laksa ingredients
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; divide into two equal portions, one for the sauce and one for garnish.
Cook the tofu laksa
Add the tofu, coconut milk, brown sugar, and 1 cup [2 cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are just tender and the tofu is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard the chiles, and stir in half the cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the tofu laksa cooks, prepare the remaining garnishes.
Prep the remaining garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Time the rice noodles.
- Divide the cilantro.
- Measure the water for the laksa.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Add the garnishes.