In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mango chicken lettuce cups with rice noodles
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Sweet, sour, salty, and spicy flavors come together in this gluten-free Vietnamese-inspired meal that will satisfy the entire family.
In your bag
- Four ¼-pound chicken cutlets
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
- ½ pound flat rice noodles*
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
- 3 scallions
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 mango
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
- ¼ cup fried shallots (contain soy)*
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories 300, Total Fat 11g (14% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 900mg (39% DV), Total Carb. 22g (8% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Poach the chicken
While the water heats and the chicken cooks, prepare the sesame dressing.
Make the sesame dressing
- Juice the lime.
Soak the noodles
While the noodles soak, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Trim the root end from the iceberg lettuce.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Trim off the top and bottom of the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh into two halves away from the pit. Thinly slice the halves crosswise.
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
- Using a fork, shred the cooled chicken.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the dressing.
- Separate the iceberg lettuce leaves.
- Set out the ingredients.